The neo-liberal era of the 90s has not only led to street protests of the Argentine society: The "Salada" is another response to the crisis, being one of the largest illegal markets worldwide. Only 30% of Argentina's textiles are produced under lawful conditions, the other 70% take place in the surroundings of the Salada. Corruption, illegal textile workshops, child labor, drug trafficking and the dream of making easy money characterize this place in a constant transition between poverty and hope, black market and legal economy in the suburbs of Buenos Aires.
PHMuseum 2018 Grant
£15,000 in cash prizes and a solo show at Cortona On The Move. Learn more and apply.Extended deadline: 28 February