Emilio Barillaro was born in 1980 in Gioiosa Jonica (Italy).
He lives and works in Roma (Italy) as Photographer.
He teaches Photography at "Centro Romano di Fotografia e Cinema".
He is creator and co-founder of "SPontanea" collective (www.spontanea.org)
He is member of the Photographic Museum of Humanity.
He uses photography to discover life and find his place in this world. The camera helps him to linger, to slow down this busy life, and shows him all those little things that his eyes are not able to see.
His work has been published on different national and international websites, magazines and books.
His pictures were exhibited – at different events – both in Europe and in America.
|Languages spoken||English, Italian, Spanish|
- Shortlisted @ Gomma Photography Grant 2017 with "Night", a SPontanea collective work
- Honorable mention @ Moscow International Photo Awards 2016 - Culture / Life Style category
- 2nd prize @ National Geographic - Italy Contest
- Honorable mention at PRIX DE LA PHOTOGRAPHIE PARIS (PX3)
- 3rd prize at Moscow International Photo Awards - Editorial - Environmental category
- 2nd prize at Moscow International Photo Awards - Book - Nature category
- Honorable mention at "ONE SHOT : ONE WORLD" - People category
- One of the 100 finalists at PHOTOLUX LEICA AWARD
- Honorable mention at NEUTRAL DENSITY PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS - Street Photography category
- Honorable mention at MONOCHROME PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS - People category
- Finalist at LEICA PHOTOGRAPHERS AWARD
- Honorable mention at IPA (Int'l Photography Awards) - People category