Bianca Salvo (*1986) is an italian visual artist currently living and working between Italy and South America. She was awarded with an MA in Photography in 2012 from London College of Communication and previous to that, in 2010 she gained a BA in Visual Art & Photography from the Istituto Europeo di Design in Milan. Her work has been shown in Italy and abroad in several exhibitions: The Universe Makers ( Atelier NOUA, Bødo, Norway, Fonderia 20.9, Verona, Italy, 2018), From North to South:The Archive as a Connective Map (SiFestOff16, Rimini, 2016), Shifting Focus (Kunstquartier Bethanien, Berlin, 2016), Il ritratto (Galleria San Fedele, Milan), 97 Collettiva Giovani Artisti (Fondazione Bevilacqua la Masa, Venice, 2013), Premio Francesco Fabbri per le Arti Contemporanee (Fondazione Francesco Fabbri, Pieve di Soligo, 2013), The End (Miami Public Library, Miami Art Basel, Miami 2012).
She was the recipient of the scholarship Chromaluxe for Lucie Foundation in 2018 and her book “Time and Again” was recently shortlisted for the Kassel Dummy Award 2018 and Unseen Dummy Award 2017. Her projects have been published in several on-line magazine such as: LensCulture (2018), Paper Journal (2018) GUP Magazine (2018), YET Magazine (2017), Archive Collective Magazine (2017). From 2013 to 2017 she has been lecturer in Creative Research in Photography at the Istituto Europeo di Design in Milan.
- Recipient Chromaluxe for Lucie Foundation
- Shortlisted Kassel Dummy Award
- Shortlisted The Unseen Dummy Award
- Shortlisted Lucie Foundation Scholarship Grant, Emerging Artist
- Shortlisted Latent Open Call
- Shortlisted Athens Photofestival APhf:15
- Shortlisted Exposure Format Festival
- Shortlisted Premio Arti Visive, Galleria S.Fedele
- Shortlisted 97 Collettiva Giovani Artisti, Fondazione Bevilacqua la Masa
- Shortlisted Premio Francesco Fabbri per le Arti Contemporanee
- Longlisted New Sensation UK