Brindha Anantharaman is an independent photographer from India, currently living in St. Louis Missouri. With over nine years of image making experience, she works with a multitude of storytelling approaches including documentary, conceptual, constructed photography and audio-visuals. Her work tends to focus on stories about Gender issues, Mental health, Environment, and personal narratives.
She works across various genres of photography and film making, and believe different genres have a subliminal interconnection. She believes curiosity, awareness, honesty, and a bit of humor brings out the best in a photographer.
Awards and Exhibitions:
• Published two photographs in Phmueseum’s 2022 photo book - In the Sun On the Moon edited by Jason Fulford
• Curator’s pick on Angkor Photo festival 2020 for series Jottings Of An Unloved
• Exhibited at Xposure International Photography Festival, Sharjah 2019
• Miami Street Photography Festival 2018 Finalist, Exhibited at Art Basel Festival Miami
• Exhibited at History Miami Museum, USA
• Exhibited at Street Photo Milano Festival-2019 at Milan, Italy
• Featureshoot Printswap MOPLA Exhibition Finalist. Month of photography Los Angeles 2018-curated by Paul Kopeikin
• Festival Do Minuto-Awards in two categories for fine art film, screened at Sau Paulo Brazil 2017
• Published in National Geographic Yourshot
• Lalit Kala Academy Chennai - CWC Exhibit