Gabriella is an emerging documentary photographer and visual artist. Early in her career she has focused on documenting intimate subjects: from her father's death post -Hurricane María, the archives of her family, and the transformations of her friend group as they drift apart. Her work is raw and personal. She has been published in Internews, El Nuevo Día, Primera Hora, Espacialidades, and Revista Brinca Verja.
With under a year of experience, she was awarded Student Photographer of the Year (2017) from the association of Puerto Rican Photojournalists. Since then, she has participated in various fellowships, research programs, workshops, and exhibitions. In 2019 she was selected to participate in The New York Times Portfolio Review and The New York Times Summer Journalism Institute. She has further collaborated with artists and researchers on topics including: photography and disability, Puerto Rican archives, and urban street art.
Gabriella is available for assignments globally and has prints for sale.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org | phone: (787) 450-6066
|Born in||Puerto Rico|
|Based in||Puerto Rico|
|Languages spoken||English, Spanish|
|Specialisations||Social Issues, Documentary|
- The New York Times Lens Portfolio Review
- Magnum Foundation Photography and Social Justice Fellowship, Shortlist
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- "Scholars in Residence" Iniciativas de Investigación y Creación Subgraduada Research Fellowship
- Student Photographer of the Year, Association of Puerto Rican Photojournalists
- José Ismael Fernández Photojournalism Scholarship